Vegans love to be in the kitchen whipping up special treats for either the next family gathering or activist event, especially during the holidays. What better to give a Vegan than a Vegan cookbook that not only warms the heart of the vegan receiver but also increases the probability that you will be treated in the future months with homemade vegan goodies?
As a vegan myself I love to receive vegan cookbooks and have a collection in my own house. Here are my top seven favorite vegan cookbooks this year. Please note that each book title is hyperlinked so that you can purchase the item for the vegan on your list. And if you are like me, you can purchase one for yourself too.
1. Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: This cookbook is written by one of my favorite vegan chef’s that answers to the name of Isa Chandra Moskowitz. From around $11.17-$14.36, you and your vegan friend/family member could be whipping up tasty Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows, Banana Everything Cookies, NYC Black and White Cookies, Green Tea Walnut Biscotti’s, Irish Crème Kisses and so many more diet crashing cookie delights.
2. Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World: Another one of my favorite cookbooks is this enticing cookbook. Did I mention that I love Isa Chandra Moskowitz? Maybe if cookies are not your friend/family members’ favorite thing to bake, try this cookbook full of yummy cupcake treats. Life would not be the same if it did not have Chocolate Mint Cupcakes, Sexy Low-Fat Cupcakes, Green Tea Cupcakes and other wonderful vegan creations. This cookbook comes for around $8.72 – $12.76.
3. The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet: Another one of my favorites to cook from is this colorful cookbook from the famous actress/animal rights activist Alicia Silverstone. In the vegan blogosphere this cookbook is all the talk this year since it has easy to cook recipes for newbie’s or experienced vegans. For around $14.77 – $24.09, your friend/family member will be jumping for joy with this cookbook under the Christmas tree.
4. Vegan World Fusion Cuisine: Although this vegan cookbook is not as well known, it is my number one cookbook. I cook recipes from it at least twice a week. We have tried just about all recipes from the cookbook but have not disliked any of them. It is written by Mark Reinfeld. This bright and cheerful cookbook costs around $45.97 – $46.49 for a hardcover and the paperback goes for around $13.74 – $20.65. Personally I love the hardcover since it is more durable and really does go through a lot in my little kitchen.
5. Mayumi’s Kitchen: Macrobiotic Cooking for Body and Soul: Written by Mayumi Nishimura, one of my favorite Japanese chef’s. Personally I have had a cookbook from Mayumi Nishimura from a few years ago; it was a present from my host family. It was 100% in Japanese so it was hard to get for my friends and family members. Thankfully this new cookbook has been translated into English. Technically this is a macrobiotic cookbook but all recipes can be vegan. The recipes have a Japanese flare to them such as Avocado Rolls, Tempura, Vegetable Lasagna, and Seitan Pot Stickers. This cookbook goes around $18.38 – $24.79 in English.
6. Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes: Yes, technically this is classified as raw vegan but many vegans also eat raw vegan. The recipes are tasty and healthy for all types of people. It also includes a small section in the back for dogs. There are so many different recipes to mention but my family loves the tofu scramble, raw vegan smoothies. My family tends to eat lots of raw vegan during the summer months and then vegan throughout the rest of the time. So, for around $9.53 – $22.79, this wonderful raw vegan cookbook will delight your friend/family member the whole next year.
7. The Joy of Vegan Baking: The Compassionate Cooks’ Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets: This is actually on my wish list for my husband too. There is a lot of talk about this vegan cookbook since it has simple recipes for baking for everyone. It goes for around $11.98 – $15.96 and other people have said that is a fantastic recipe book. Additionally, I have looked at this cookbook in the stores and am very excited to receive it this year, it is just that good.