Most people put off ordering Valentine’s Day flowers because they simply do not know what to send. Sure, a dozen red roses are the standard, and they are beautiful, but there must be something else you can do to personalize the experience, right? Well, let’s start out with a little reassurance: There are very, very few women who will be disappointed with a dozen red roses and a box of chocolates. So that base is covered.
If, however, you are hoping to do something a little different this year, then help is available. Growing up in the floral industry, I have been privileged to see the creation of some highly unique and wonderfully elegant Valentine’s Day flowers. Here are my top 5 picks:
1. Red roses with white daisies: This Valentine flower design takes the red and white unity color combination and turns it into a totally unique and elegant bouquet. Whether arranged in a vase or in a pretty white basket, red roses and white daisies are sure to please. Furthermore, since daisies are not a particularly expensive flower, you can add a couple of stems to your order without breaking the budget.
2. Tulips and Gerbera Daisies: Who says roses are the only romantic flower out there? Tulips are modest and subtly seductive. Combined with big, bright Gerbera Daisies, they create a wonderfully romantic Valentine flower design that leaves promises of spring resonating in the mind. Ask your florist to attach a sweet Teddy Bear to the vase to complete the look.
3. Sweetheart roses and miniature carnations: While this Valentine’s Day flowers combo could certainly go for anyone, it is positively perfect for the little lady in your life who still thinks that Daddy is the number one man. Soft shades of pink, lavender, and white, along with a tiny plush animal and a mylar balloon or two will help you set the standard your little girl will look for in future beaus.
4. Large Teddy Bear, Candy, Balloons, and a single rose: Sometimes a little bit of everything is just the ticket for the girl you want to give everything to. A creative florist can create this ensemble so that the bear “presents” the rest of the gifts to your sweetheart.
5. Diamonds and Roses: Are you planning on popping the question this Valentine’s Day? Consider having your florist attach the ring to a single rose with a bit of elegant ribbon when you pick up your flowers. Better yet, bring in the ring box for your florist to arrange inside a dozen roses for Valentine’s Day flowers that will leave a lasting memory on your soon to be bride.
Of course, there are literally unlimited possibilities for Valentine’s Day flowers with a little imagination. The key is to talk with your florist and explain what you are trying to go for, and don’t put it off for another minute. As time grows nearer to the day, options will be fewer as flower supplies drop.
One final word: there is possibly nothing more romantic than walking in to a house decorated with candles and rose petals, so check with your florist to see if you can get a box or two. Now, pick up the phone and make this Valentine’s Day one she is sure to remember with the perfect, personalized Valentine flowers!