Exercising twice a day instead of one long hour is going to change your life, and help you reach the weight loss goals that you dream of. Instead of dragging yourself to the gym every day, or forcing yourself to work out for an hour at a time, doing a couple of 15-20 minute sessions each day will help you lose weight fast. Not only will you be able to lose weight fast, but you will be bikini ready by summer. Here are some of the different things that you can do twice a day, maybe when you wake up and before dinner, to start blasting off pounds.
1. Jumping Rope. This is great for anyone who has high ceilings in their home, or a garage. You can do this exercise throughout all four seasons, and it is one of the best cardio exercises that you can do. Get in a nice rhythm and do right leg for 25 jumps then switch, then do together, then alternating, and keep going. This is a great way to pass the time. Turning on music or the news is also a great way to make the 15-20 minutes fly by.
2. Run or Walk. Just walking out your front door and doing a couple laps around the block is all that it takes to jump starting your metabolism. Leaving the house in the morning or evening is easy to do, and it will be over before you even know it. If you are looking for motivation take the dog or a friend. Get a partner to meet you on certain days of the week for a quick stroll. When you have plans to meet someone else you will be less likely to flake out on them.
3. Fitness DVDs. Using a fitness DVD is a great way to spend 20 minutes of your day. You can get your heart pumping, and start sweating, in just 15-20 minutes easily. There are so many great ones to choose from. P90x is a popular one right now; if you don’t want to do a high intensity cardio workout everyday you can alternate between yoga DVDs and pilates. Aerobics and step videos are also available for you to train with. This is good for the colder months or during bad weather when you can’t get motivated to go outside.
4. Doing Stairs. If you have stairs going from your basement to the main floor, and then the main floor to the upstairs, this is great. Go all the way up and then come all the way back down, and repeat until the allotted amount of time that you have chosen goes by. If you work near somewhere that has a stadium are large stairwell, or you are going to be picking your kids up from school, these are great opportunities as well. If you find somewhere with more than ten levels just up ones and down once may hit the time mark.
5. Creating Your Own Workout. By creating your own mini workout you will have fun and work lots of different groups. To do this you could jog around the block then jump rope for five minutes then do five minutes of jumping jacks. Adding in lunges or bear crawls or even mini wind sprints in your yard is an easy way to change this up. Whatever you feel like doing that day can be what is on the training agenda.
Working out for two 15-20 minutes sessions a day instead of one long session is going to help keep you motivated and interested. Your body will be burning fat 24 hours a day and you are going to be able to get the workout results that you have always dreamed of. Pick up a jump rope and some fitness dvds and get started today.