This New Year is not going to be like any previous New Years that you’ve ever had. There have been over two years of rising unemployment and in this year of 2010 more foreclosures will be written than ever in history. The United States simply has gone through the ringer, and most of the country is barely staying warm in the winters and cool in the summers.
Now more than ever, the baby boomers are seeing how the traditions that were once rebelled against are the only thing holding families together now, and they will continue to do so as they have fifty years ago. When the materialistic part of life is taken away, what is left are the morals and courage that was drilled into us growing up and if you missed that, then there are holes in your soul right now that money can’t fill and things can’t fill. Only a power found greater than you, is going to help you survive and get you through. Only once this country begins to realize that it’s not ‘all about us’ then things will change.
Starting out 2011 is going to be a huge turn around from your way of life. Determination, faith, and commitment are what will get you through the upcoming days. If you’re ready to take your resolution and make it work for you, then, here are some steps that will bring you more in touch with yourself and how you will straighten your life around again.
1. Re-evaluate your bills. Search and switch to more inexpensive auto insurance, health insurance and drop all services that aren’t necessary, maybe even cell phones for a few months. You’d be surprised at how creative you can be when you have to be. Wash your own car, cut your own grass and let have a beautician cut it only once every 3 months or so. As for morning coffee, make it at home, and eat more meals at home – it will improve the relationships in the house. Let your resolution be just that the family will eat one meal together every day.
2. If you have wanted to go back to college and learn another career, now is the time to do it. Government money has been poured into grants, and that means free money that can teach you a trade in the upcoming months. The economy is down, but education is up! Check it out at your local community college.
3. Take time for your self. Start the day with a quiet meditation. Find one of those books that have a reading for everyday of the year. You’ll find that just by taking a few minutes at the top of the day to get aligned with your creator that the day will go much smoother. You might even be able to think clearer when as you clear out all the cob webs.
4. If you REALLY want to help turn your life around, get rid of the junk food and eat more natural foods – fruits, vegetables, clean meats, no dairy, no processed sugar or processed anything, and with no chemicals or steroids. This change of diet may seem drastic, but take baby steps – cut out the white sugar and white flour first – it is poison to your body. Then take out anything with those long chemical names, who needs them? You’ll feel energy pour back into your body.
5. Finally, free yourself from any addictions that could be holding you back right now. This could mean alcohol, cigarettes, street drugs, junk foods, obsessive cleaning or anything else. You deserve to walk through your life free from bondage, to be happy and joyful. If you can’t break this on your own, get involved in a 12 step group, individual counseling, or a good church.
These are the high points for making an upwards turn around in your life. Start now, January 1st, at walking towards a brand new year and all that it will hold for you. Keep your vision focused on the happiness and joy that you will have when it happens in your life. It makes sense now – we really are not in charge of our own lives, because we only mess it up. Happy Turnaround! Happy 2011!