Cell phones are one of greatest inventions in my opinion, don’t get me wrong. However, in today’s society, we have taken rude to a new level with the cell phone.
1. Since when did a person on the other line take precedence over a person sitting with you? I have suffered through many a lunch dates and shopping excursions with friends who talk to someone else while I wait. And I am giving them my time, physical presence and attention. To what? If I want to watch someone have a conversation, I will stay home and watch TV in my PJ’s!
2. Driving while talking or texting. This is major annoying since everyone knows how dangerous it is. What conversation is that important and worth someones life? And in the case of the super important, PULL OVER!
3. People who CANNOT or WILL NOT put the phone down. Even when they are not on it for a call. I believe the sky is the limit for rude behavior when you have people who play with their phone during dinner, a movie, or simply when you think they are going to have a conversation with you and they look through old texts, emails and facebook.
4. The LOUD factor. I have been in many of restaurants for a nice dinner with my husband, where I have been bombarded with a conversation from the table next to us or a few tables away, because the person feels the need to let EVERYONE hear about their date last night. But hey, I am trying to have a date, what about me. Why can’t they step outside if it is that important or text?
Not to mention when the person in front of me in the grocery line, doesn’t want to hang up, when clearly the cashier is waiting for them to checkout. Then the awkward, Oh the cashier needs me, hold on, as if this is a shock. Then carries on with “Oh he did what?” So I have to answer “Yes she will take plastic bags”
5. The cashier that lets you hear three minutes of her personal conversation before she rings you up oracknowledges you are there. Enough said.
6. The Bluetooth. I don’t like them, mainly because people constantly are looking at me, talking, I answer and nothing. Then they talk again and I politely answer, and again they seem to be talking to themselves. Then I see the shining blue light under there hair. And please take it off when you are not using it. You look like something off a Sci-Fi movie!
7.Butt-Dialing Yes, we have been Butt-Dialed hundreds of times. Then I have to listen to what ever is going on, for instance their dryer going or a conversation. And then the sad part is, our line won’t hang up, because the Butt-Dialer has not hung up. So I am forever yelling HELLO! Hang up your phone!
8. Speaker phone, when others are home or in public. This is just wrong!
9.The bathroom…No cellphones should be answered there. No one wants to hear you tinkle or your flush in the middle of conversation. Its really gross and rude!
10.When people HAVE to answer a call, no matter who it is. No, when it is your courtesy call from a business, your Aunt Sally who calls three times a day, don’t answer it! It’s rude. Just let it go to voice mail and call them back later, when you are not with someone! If they continue to call, just politely answer really quick, ask if it is an emergency and if not, you will call them back later.
It is so easy to have good judgment and be polite, why can’t Americans do it when it comes to cell phones? Are we slaves to it? Are we cell phone zombies? Have they taken over people’s existence? This can all be stopped with a little care towards others.