2010 was a big year for movies and we have a countdown of some of your favorites. These top movies of 2010 are based on redbox rentals across the nation.
Top Movies of 2010
5. “The Blind Side” TLC goes a long way and Sandra Bullock, who plays Leigh Anne Tuohy, gives a whole lot to Michael Oher, a homeless football player who transforms into an All American first draft pick for the NFL. Sweet victory.
4. “The Karate Kid (2010)” Jaden Smith, son of actor, rapper Will Smith, gets kung fu lessons from the master, Jackie Chan. No more bullying the new kid on the block. Jaden learns to handle himself in his adopted home of China.
3. “Grown Ups” The scene is a funeral. It’s the death of a high school coach that reunites a group of former basketball players on Independence Day. They spend time reminiscing about the good old days 30 years ago. Lighten up, it’s a comedy, starring funny man Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, and Kevin James.
2. “The Bounty Hunter” Action and adventure drive the plot of this flick. How often can you get tracked down by your “ex-hubby,” a bounty hunter, and end up on a real live adventure? Jennifer Anniston and Gerald Butler star in this comedy, crime adventure.
1. “Shutter Island” This flick is for all you mystery fans who love a good thriller. Yes, this one is for you, compliments of Leonardo DiCaprio who portrays U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels. It takes the number one spot for 2010’s top rental. Enjoy 138 minutes of drama as DiCaprio searches for an escaped murderess. Oh, my goodness!
Top Adrenaline Rush Movies
5. “The Losers” Espionage, betrayal, secret missions, and jungle adventure highlight this flick about CIA operatives. Supposedly dead in Bolivia, this CIA team fights back to find a betrayer and stop his evil plot to instigate a global war. Idris Elba, Zoe Saldana, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan star. Get ready for some action.
4. “From Paris With Love” Plans to launch a terrorist attack in Paris? No way, Charlie Wax is on the case. Murder, mayhem are his specialties. John Travolta plays the American spy who takes a “green” ambassador’s aide under his wing (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) as they both try to save Paris. Au revoir.
3. “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time” A dagger that can turn back time. Oh, yeah and it’s dangerous in the hands of the wrong dude, too. Put a rogue prince with a mysterious princess and the two create a formidable force to be reckoned with. Whoever has that dagger better watch out! Here comes Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Aterton.
2. “Kick-Ass” Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson) decides to take his comic book characters to the next level–he becomes one. No super powers does he possess; no super-secret weapons to speak of. Hey, that doesn’t stop this loner-by-nature teenager from donning a mask, superhero suit and go out in search of a mission.
1. “Iron Man 2” More superhero action and adventure is found in this top adrenaline rush flick for 2010. Tony Stark won’t part with his precious technology, but the military wants it. There’s only one thing for a superhero to do–fight the power! Robert Downey, Jr. stars along with Don Cheadle, Samuel L. Jackson, Gwenyth Paltrow and Scarlet Johansson.