The holidays are the perfect time for stocking up on those must-have gifts for the foodie in your life, and if you’re stuck on ideas, check this out:
Top 5 Christmas Gifts of 2010 for Foodies:
1. Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed Chrome No cook can be without one of these babies. It’s far more useful than almost any other tool in the kitchen. The versatile stick design of the Cuisinart Smart stick Hand Blender lets you blend ingredients right in pots, pitchers, bowls, or clear plastic beaker that’s included. Plus, with a powerful 200-watt motor, it can puree in seconds, and operates with an easy one-touch control. Blends drinks, purees soup, mixes pancake and crepe batters in seconds! Both stainless steel blending shaft and beaker are dishwasher-safe
2. The Flavor Thesaurus: A Compendium of Pairings, Recipes and Ideas for the Creative Cook This book is a kitchen essential for anyone who likes to make or eat food! Well written, accessible and entertaining. it’s an immensely practical source of kitchen inspiration – it’s organized around the flavor wheel by simple food pairings. Start by whatever food you have in the house and you will be connected to a range of unexpected flavor partners for it and often some great starting recipes
3. iSi Mini Easy Whip 1/2 Pint White Steel Cream Whipper The iSi Cream Whipper is one of the favorite tools of many-a-chef. It’s great for whipping cream and making mousses. So many Eastern European desserts call for a garnish of cream, this tool makes clouds of whipped cream in 20 seconds — that’s how long it takes to shake the canister. The nitrous oxide charger is what does the trick! Perfect for any foodie on your list.
4. The Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook: Recipes and History from America’s Premier Chocolate Maker What foodie doesn’t love chocolate? And for that matter, who in their right mind doens’t like chocolate? This is a beautiful chocolate cookbook any foodie would love. A stylish revision of the classic cookbook from America’s longest continually operating chocolate manufacturer that includes more than 80 recipes, a primer on chocolate varieties and uses, and more than 25 full-color photographs. This perfect gift for chocolate lovers includes a new holiday recipe section with a guide to creating edible gifts like cocoa mixes and decadent fudge sauce.
5. Sushezi Sushi Made Easy For the foodie in your life who loves sushi, this is the perfect gift. The Sushezi – Perfect sushi made easy. Perfect sushi is no longer an expensive restaurant food. Professional, round sushi can now be created in your own kitchen with your own choice of fillings. With just three easy steps, you can make roll after roll, and will have your guests coming back for more. With easy-to-follow instructions, the Sushezi creates perfectly formed sushi quickly and reliably with no guesswork and no trial and error. Using your own choice of imaginative fillings, everyone will enjoy making their own personalized sushi rolls. The Sushezi can also be used for a variety of dessert tiems. Walnut rolls, fudge rolls, cake rolls, and slice and bake cookies are just a few of the possibilities. Kids will love to make their own rice crispy rolls, and will enjoy being able to make their own personal candy sushi.
If none of these sound like the perfect gift for your foodie, you can always invest in Cooking Classes: Check out your local culinary institute and sign someone up for a fabulous night of Italian cooking or a local wine tasting. Every foodie loves the chance to cook and eat great food while learning a new trick or two.
Resources & More Reading:
Check out the 10 Best Bargain Christmas Gift Ideas
Top 5 hottest Christmas gifts for techies
Top 5 hotestt gifts of 2010 for teens