If you’re looking for a place to go that will suit your quest for culture and adventure, then heading to the Windy City of Chicago is an ideal place to tour. There are so many fun things to do and see in Chicago. Chicago could appear overwhelming, but with some planning it’s a fairly easy city to navigate.
Here are the top 10 Must-See destinations and Things to Experience in Chicago:
1. The Sears Tower: Some of the most amazing sites in Chicago are the buildings and the skyscrapers. If you dare, you can ride up all 1,454 feet to the Sears Tower Skydeck and take in the view from the top, which is spectacular.
2. The John Hancock Observatory: The other fabulous view and amazing skyscraper experience is the John Hancock Observatory, which overlooks Lake Michigan.
3. Architectural Tours: If you prefer to stay closer to the ground, take one of the many Architectural tours offered down the Chicago River. A narration is provided on these tours by boat and they are also very relaxing.
4. Wrigley Field: Baseball fans or those who just want some good Chicago culture must head over to Wrigley Field and catch a Cubs game! This historic ballpark is a must see when visiting the Windy City. It is there you will see why Chicago is passionate about their team.
5. Chicago Pizza: Don’t leave Chicago without getting some famous Chicago style pizza! Recommended places for pizza include, Pizzeria Uno and Gino’s East.
6. Navy Pier: With 50 acres of parks, gardens, attractions and restaurants. It’s a busy place in the summer months with lots of entertainment and ice-skating in the winter months. While you are there, take a ride on the famous 15 story high McDonald’s Ferris Wheel for a memorable Chicago experience.
7. The Magnificent Mile: Chicago offers some amazing shopping. The Magnificent Mile is named for the stretch between Michigan Ave and the Chicago River by Oak Street as it is home to 3.1 million square feet of retail. Stores, restaurants, and hotels line this amazing stretch of Chicago. Fabulous shopping is offered year round but the best time to experience this is in the warmer months with the beautiful landscaping in full bloom or the holiday season when it is all lit up!
8. Lincoln Park Zoo: Right next to the hustle and bustle of the city, with gorgeous views of the city is the Lincoln Park Zoo. This historic zoo is one of the oldest in America and boasts many exotic animals and is in a beautiful park setting. Very relaxing to stroll though and you forget you’re in the city! It is a unique experience and entrance to the zoo is free!
9. Chicago Art Institute: If you’re seeking out a cultural experience Chicago offers many museums. The Chicago Art Institute is a must see. Even those not as passionate about art will be impressed with what this gorgeous museum has to offer.
10. Shedd Aquarium: This is a great experience for young and old alike. The Shedd has gorgeous aquatic displays and is located right on Lake Michigan. They have performance daily of dolphins, Beluga whales and sea lions and penguins. This is a Chicago experience!
There are truly so many things to do in this incredibly diverse and cultured city. You will also find the people to be warm and willing to give advice on places to see. Enjoy your time in the Windy City and create a fantastic memory!