I would ask that you take a few minutes out of your busy day to follow and read the information available at this link: America’s Unemployment Crisis. I believe that many of us share many common mores, values, and beliefs. Although our politics may differ, I believe that many American’s put principles before personalities.
I hope that you find the link to the flyer informative. I also hope that you feel that this issue, quickly becoming a national disaster, is important and one that demands our immediate attention. I ask that you help to increase the national awareness of the “tragedy of unemployment” happening across America today by sending links to this article to members found in your personal email address books. It is imperative that we get the word out quickly and with vigor.
The first step is awareness. There are currently over 20 million people unemployed in America today (15 million “official” plus over 5 million more that have exhausted all unemployment benefits) and an estimated 3 million jobs. I’ll let you do the math. Too many unemployed, not enough jobs. Collectively we need to take action.
The flyer titled “America ‘s Unemployment Crisis” and the following additional distribution ideas have been prepared by Michael Colliss of ALL247News. The first goal is to increase national awareness through distributing the facts of unemployment as it exists today. We hope to be able to convince the 112’TH Congress that they must take additional steps to create jobs and support those that have been unable to find work:
This flyer has been prepared for use in public advocacy to get attention to the ever-increasing 99er community. This is the first of what we currently plan to be probably three advocacy flyers. This particular sheet is intended to be used to educate the general public; later this week we will make a sheet available for communicating with local media.
How can you use this sheet?
1. Perhaps the most immediate use would be to forward this sheet with a brief explanatory note why you think it is important to every person in your email address book
2. If there is a local social service center or community action agency you may want to consider asking them if it can be posted at that facility
3. For those that are members of houses of worship, you may want to ask if it can be posted. One church in Boston has already agreed to print enough copies so it can be put in each church bulletin next Sunday
4. If you are really ambitious, see if you can get copies printed (many local copy centers will consider printing these at no or low cost) and distribute them to people in your neighborhood. (Remember that many localities have ordinances that require you to be on public property to distribute flyers, so make sure you obey local ordinances.)
5. Place copies on any local bulletin board; Laundromats, food stores, convenience markets and community association bulletin boards are all great places to post this. Make sure you get permission to post this if required
A basic rule of thumb when considering how to distribute this brochure is to assume that the more the better. We have carefully drafted this brochure in an effort to not be offensive to anyone or any political party, so it is hard to imagine how any group or person should not get a copy.
As we work on the issue of advocating a Tier V, a key aspect of this struggle will be to not only correct any misimpressions about unemployment insurance but also to insure that the larger public (and not just the unemployed) understand why this necessary action is vital for the economy and for the future of our economy
Again, thanks for your interest and commitment to this cause. If you could, please let me know how you used it in your community….the more ideas the better
You can post additional distribution ideas as comments to this article or email them to Michael Colliss at: [email protected] If you would like a PDF copy of America ‘s Unemployment Crisis, please sent an email to the same email address with a subject line of “info sheet.”
I thank you for taking the time to review this information. I can only hope that after your review that you too will feel compelled to take action too!