Most of us want to save money, even while shopping for Valentine’s Day. Some of us have to save money or have very little money to spend for Valentine Day shopping. Yet, we want to buy a little something for those we love on this special day. Luckily, there are some wonderful stores known as Dollar Stores that can help us out on days like this.
Dollar Stores have all kinds of merchandise, including seasonal. Many of these stores offer their merchandise at a dollar a piece or a little above this price range. Sounds great doesn’t it? Now what is the secret at these stores? Here are some dos, don’ts and maybe you might want to consider while you are doing your valentine shopping these types of stores:
• Purchase cologne or perfumes here. They will probably be filled mostly with alcohol.
• Forget to check dates on food items and cosmetics (yes, anything can be outdated).
• Forget to look for holes or discolorations on clothing items.
• Really think about whether you should purchase a lotion or bath product purchase by reading the list of ingredients. Some may be water down or outdated. Check ingredient list, as well as manufacturer’s name. Of course, sometimes you may not recognize the manufacturer and find that the lotion is actually quite good. You may even find some name brand products, too. If you recognize any you know are good, these are definitely a Do.
• The above advice goes for hair products and makeup as well.
• Wrapping Paper
• Candy (check for expiration dates)
• Teddy bears, toys, etc. (check for tears, holes, discolorations, etc.)
• Gloves, scarves, etc. (check for holes, discolorations, etc.).
• Costume jewelry
• Stationary products
• Scented candles
• Photo Frames
• Photo Albums
• Toys for Fido and Tiger
• Toys for the young children
• Older DVD’s
• Older Books
• Artificial flowers
As you can see you can find a vast array of products as your local dollar store. Most people will purchase a few items and then place them together in a nice basket or bag and present this as a total present. The total price is generally $5.00 or less and the gesture is always considered as nice and thoughtful. Could it be considered romantic, this would depend on what you purchased and what else you had it mind to go along with the present (dinner, movie, etc.).