Homemade breads, gigantic caramel rolls, muffins, and the list could on and on describing all the nummies these local bakeries here in East Central Mn. in the towns of Mora and Hinckley offer fresh baked each and everyday. There are 5 local bakeries in this area that I would like to highlight as I have been enjoying their fresh baked items for a number of years.
1. Mora Bakery: This family owned bakery was established in 1961 to serve the residents of Mora and the surrounding area. For many years, it was the only bakery in town. Located in Mora’s downtown area in the Merchant Circle on Union St., Mora Bakery could be described as just a plain old-fashioned bakery with lots of different fresh baked breads, rolls and pastries. There is nothing fancy about this bakery, but it makes all those baked goods just like your grandma used to bake. They also make cakes for special occasions including weddings and graduations upon request. They’re open Mon.-Sat. during Mora’s regular business hours. Phone # 320-679-1731.
2. The Little Bread Factory: This is newest bakery that opened in downtown Mora. Located at 130 Union St., this unique little bakery offers a wide variety of different breads and pastries. Other then just white breads and whole grains, this Little Bread Factory has garlic Cheddar breads, chocolate and cherry breads, just to name a few. Cookies galore including what is called the leftover cookie, which is full of delicious tidbits including toffee, butterscotch, chocolate etc. Scruffins, a hybrid between a muffin and a scone could be described as the next best thing to sliced bread. The coffee pot is always on and samples are available of a number of different bakery items in what I would describe as the “cutest little bake shop” in downtown Mora. Hours of operation are Tue.- Fri. from 9-6 and Sat. 9-4. Phone number is 320-420-7346.
3. Ullies Old World Bakery: 219 S. Union St. is the address of this somewhat unique, old world style bakery. They offer a wide array of cakes, cookies, tarts and other delicious baked goods in addition to a variety of on the premises baked breads. A company of family and friends is the ingredient that makes Ullies Old World Bakery special. Ullies bakery makes cakes and other specialty items for wedding and parties upon request. Hours of operation are Mon.- Fri. from 6:30 a.M. to 5 P.M. Phone. number is 320-679-2350. Check their website: Ullies old bakery.com.
4. Coborns Superstore Bakery: This full service bakery is located in Coborns superstore grocery store in Mora. Just off of Hwy.65 at 710 Frankie Lane in Mora, Coborns Bakery offers a number of fresh baked items to satisfy your sweet tooth. They also specialize in made to order items including wedding cakes. Consultants are available to help you get that just right cake, whatever your taste maybe. Stop in or call to schedule an appointment to talk to one of Coborns consultants the next time you’re ready for that special event in your life.
Coborns is open 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. Phone number is 320-679-4003. Coborns Bakery has either pickup or delivery service available.
5. Tobies Bakery: Tobies bakery is located in Hinckley, Mn., just off of Interstate 35. They are known for their legendary caramel rolls and cinnamon rolls nationwide. Their bakery goods can be shipped anywhere in the continental US and their fruit cakes can also be shipped internationally as well from Oct. to Jan. People comes from miles around to enjoy Tobies delicious baked goods. Tobies bakery is located in Tobies complex, halfway between the Twin Cities and Duluth, Mn. In addition to the bakery, the complex includes a restaurant, lounge, gift shop and gas station. They have been in business for over a half a century, starting in downtown Hinckley before moving to their present location. Their phone number is 320-384-7394, website is tobies.com. They are open 24 hr.s a day, 7 days a week.
Sources: Mora Bakery
The Little Bread Factory
http://Coborn’s Superstore Bakery