There are several issues that need to be addressed before making the leap to purchase an electric car. There are several pros and cons of electric cars and through careful evaluation of each it will be possible to make your own decision about electric cars and if they are right for you.
1. Cleaner Technology than traditional cars. Electric technology is much cleaner than traditional fuel and can easily help you to lessen your carbon footprint in the larger scale of things.
2. Better fuel economy. Though not all electric cars are completely dependent on only electricity, many of them take less fuel to run which makes them easier on your wallet.
3. More reliability. Because electric engines have less components, it is harder for them to encounter problems. This does not mean that they have no problems, it just means that there is less that can go wrong in an electric engine.
4. Electric Cars are inexpensive. Because they have fewer moving parts they are also cheaper than some traditional cars on the market today. $7,000 to $10,000 for the most basic models.
5. Overnight charging. With an electric car many owners can charge them at night when prices for electricity usage are less making it even more affordable than during the day.
1. Many electric cars have less power than traditional cars. Due to the fact that they run off of a battery that is charged there is a bigger chance that your electric car may not go as fast as a traditional car and that it may not have as much power as a traditional car.
2. Charging. Though it is less expensive to charge a car with electricity than it is to fill it with gas, it is still somewhat of a hassle. You have to remember when you charged it, keep track of the charge, and if you are going on a long trip you have to find a place to charge your car.
3. Less space. Because electric cars are powered with electricity they are generally small to get the most out of the battery life. This means that instead of being able to cart around the whole family, you might only get to take one or two people max with you.
4. Not many dealerships carry fully electric cars. There aren’t all that many car dealerships that just happen to have a fully electric car sitting around for purchase so you may have to go out of your way to find an electric car.
5. Insurance is also an issue. Since electric cars are rather iffy, some insurance companies won’t even insure them which makes it hard for owners to find an insurer.
Electric Car Pros
Price of Electric Cars