In November 2009, Oprah Winfrey announced that her 25th season of the Oprah Show that is taped in the infamous Harpo Studio in Chicago, Illinois would be her last. Many women (and men) around America began to panic. What would we do without our daily dose of Oprah Winfrey?
Luckily, Oprah has launched her own network channel called OWN which stands for the Oprah Winfrey Network. OWN is everything an Oprah fan dreams of; 24 hours a day of everything Oprah! JACKPOT! If you are an Oprah Show fan, you are going to love OWN and it’s scheduled shows. OWN launched on January 1, 2011 and is guaranteed to not disappoint.
Want to know what to expect from OWN? Here’s a brief look inside a few of the hit shows in the winter scheduled lineup.
• Ask Oprah’s All Stars airs on Sunday at 8/7c. Hosted by HLN’s Robin Meade and taped in front of a live studio audience, Oprah’s All Stars Dr. Oz, Suze Orman and Dr. Phil answer viewer’s questions about health, money and relationships. Ask Oprah’s All Stars is aired in 4 parts.
• Season 25 Oprah: Behind The Scenes airs on Friday at 8/7c. Go behind the scenes and view what it takes to make the epic premiere episode of the Oprah Show’s season 25 happen. It’s not an easy task but Oprah’s whole crew helps pull off the viewer’s spectacular surprises.
• Oprah Presents Master Class airs on Sunday at 10/9c. Oprah says, “Everybody has a story, and there’s something to be learned from every experience”. Handpicked by Oprah herself, season 1 of Oprah Presents Master Class includes: Diane Sawyer, Jay-Z, Dr. Maya Angelou, Simon Cowell, Dr. Condoleeza Rice, Lorne Michaels and Oprah Winfrey.
• Anna & Kristina’s Grocery Bag airs weekdays at 3pm/2c. Hosts Anna Wallner and Kristina Matisic are average American home cooks who decide to take on the cookbooks and follow the recipes to make spectacular dishes. Will they turn out tasty or trash worthy? World-class Chefs will judge.
• Cristina Ferrare’s Big Bowl of Love airs weekdays at 330pm/230c. Go inside Cristina Ferrare’s home, meet her family and friends and learn how to whip up her favorite dishes. If you are familiar with Cristina Ferrare then you know you will be entertained.
• Deliver Me airs weekdays at 7am/6c. Ob/Gyn doctors Alane Park, Yvonne Bohn and Allison Hill are mothers who have a demanding career and young families at home. Follow them as they work inside their medical office and at home.
• The Dr. Phil Show airs weekdays at 8am/7c, 7pm/6c and 11pm/10c. Dr. Phil “get’s real” on OWN.
• Enough Already with Peter Walsh airs Monday at 8/7c. Organizer Peter Walsh helps family’s get rid of the clutter in their homes by letting go of the emotional attachment of “stuff”.
• The Gayle King Show premieres January 19th at 10am. Oprah’s best friend Gayle has her own radio show and now you can see Gayle as she discusses topics relating to pop culture and celebrity interviews.
• In The Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman airs Monday at 10am/9c. Dr. Berman knows sex and she’s not afraid to talk to you about it. She wants everyone to have a great sex life and is going to tell you how you can achieve it!
• Miracle Detectives airs Wednesday at 10/9c. Two investigators, one who believes in miracles and one who doesn’t delve into the possibilities that miracles do or don’t exist. The stories are bound to amaze you.
• Mystery Diagnosis airs Wednesday at 8/7c. Mystery Diagnosis tells the stories of millions of Americans who go years undiagnosed or misdiagnosed and try to solve their medical mystery.
What a great compilation of shows and that is only the beginning. The OWN will be premiering more shows set to release in the spring and summer 2011. If you are going to miss The Oprah Show after season 25, then you will definitely want to tune into OWN and get your daily dose of Oprah!
I just have one question for Oprah. Where’s that cutie patootie Nake Berkus?