Minecraft is a game made in Gamemaker 7 with simple, but effective graphics. It is a survival game. During the day you can mine, chop trees, plant things, and build a shelter, but during the night monsters come out. This game is fairly new, and still developing. Single Player mode is free, and multiplayer mode is cheap. You can download Minecraft at www.Minecraft.net.
* Simple game to learn, but very fun to play.
* Monsters add challenge to the game.
* Many recipes to discover.
* New updates frequently.
* Multiplayer environment.
* Easy to find a good Multiplayer server.
* Easy to create custom skins for both players and monsters.
* Randomly generated maps.
* Intricate “circuit” recipes allowing for electrical systems such as alarms, locks, traps, and even roller coasters.
* Good community and plenty of game play knowledge available online.
* Unique world physics.
* Modding available per server.
* Servers can be run from your own computer.
* Offers different difficulty ratings on single player mode.
* Can be a bit laggy on some machines due to the size of the world.
* Cannot “set home” in single player mode.
* Security of items limited in Multiplayer mode.
* Lack of a “LAN” Multiplayer mode. Multiplayer mode must be run on an online server.
* Can be difficult to rid yourself of unwanted items.
* Can be difficult to get a good start if you spawn in the wrong place, far from resources, or next to unhelpful neighbors.
* Lack of in-game instruction or direction.
* If you are new to Multiplayer try to find a server advertising “no griefing”.
* Placing a door from the outside makes it easier to control.
* Animals spawn on grass; if you build a greenhouse make sure it is grass free or animals will trample your crops.
* Do not dig directly under or on top of yourself.
* Lava will burn everything you own; when working near lava carry a bucket of water just in case.
* Monsters can spawn in any dark place, keep your caves and home very well lit.
* You are more likely to get rare ore the further down you dig. For quick diamonds build a mineshaft straight down to the bedrock; just make sure you have enough ladders and torches to get out.
* You can use multiple stoves at once to smelt large quantities of food or ore.
* You can never have too many chests.
* You can build runes to apply to your tools to get things done quicker.
* If you ever need help, check out the forums on the Minecraft homepage or the Minecraft wiki.