Even though the show “Seinfeld” has been off the air for more than 10 years, the series still lives strong via reruns and random quotes rattled off by anyone who has ever been a fan of the show. “No soup for you” and “Master of your domain” are a couple of phrases that people remember the most.
But what about the great exchanges between the characters, particularly between Jerry and George? Sometimes the entire dialog is what people remember. Hell, most of the time they are what made the episodes funny.
There are way too many of those exchanges to list, so here are my top 5 Jerry/George exchanges throughout the course of the series. I’m sure I’ve missed a bunch, so be sure to let me know about it in the comments section below.
5. The Marine Biologist Episode where George pretends to be a Marine Biologist to impress Diane DeConn, the “it” girl. Jerry is telling George that he ran into Diane and that she will be calling George to go out.
Jerry: Now I should tell you at this point she’s under the impression that you are a…..
George: A what?
Jerry: A marine biologist.
George: A marine biologist….why am I a marine biologist?
Jerry: I may have mentioned it.
George: But I’m not a marine biologist!
Jerry: I’m aware of that.
Jerry: You don’t think it’s a good job.
George: I didn’t think it was a job.
4. The Hamptons Episode where the four friends go to visit the baby. George’s girlfriend takes off her top, giving Jerry, Kramer and Elaine a look at her breasts, way before George gets to see them.
George: I can’t believe it, you saw her before me.
Jerry: Think of me as a doctor.
George: Well, how good a look did you get?
Jerry: Well, what’d you mean?
George: Well, if she was a criminal and you had to describe her to a police sketch artist…
Jerry: They’d pick her up in about ten minutes.
George: Great, great. So anytime you want you can just visualize her naked.
Jerry: I guess that’s true…
3. The Contest Episode where the four friends have a contest to see who can refrain from masturbating the longest. George is telling Jerry about the sponge bath appointment right next to his ailing mother.
Jerry: So the nurse was giving her a sponge bath?
George: Every night at six-thirty. The nurse was gorgeous.. then I got a look at the patient.. (Laughs, then snorts) I was going nuts.
Jerry: Oh, man. Well, I guess you’ll be going back to that hospital.
George: (Fake sympathy) Well, my mother, Jerry.. (Jerry nods)
Jerry: (Pointing) But are you still master of your domain?
George: (Arms out) I am king of the county. You?
Jerry: Lord of the manor.
2. The Masseuse Episode where Jerry dates a masseuse and he tries to get a massage while George tries to get the masseuse to like him. Jerry and George just had a double date and George is asking Jerry what his girlfriend thought of George.
George: So we had a good time… the four of us.
George: We all got along. Everyone seemed very pleasant.
George: What did Jodi say?
Jerry: She had a good time.
George: Is that it?
Jerry: Pretty much.
George: Did she say anything about, uh…
George: Nah. It’s all right. Great! She had a good time.
Jerry: Yeah (a so-so yeah as he takes a sip of coffee).
George: You just hesitated.
Jerry: I was blowing on the coffee.
George: She didn’t like me?
Jerry: Look, it’s not like you’re gonna be spending a lot of time with her.
George: So she doesn’t like me?
George: She said that?
George: She told you she doesn’t like me!
George: What were her exact–
Jerry: “I don’t like him.”
1. The Outing Episode where Jerry and George are outed due to a prank started by Elaine. Jerry and George confront the reporter about the joke telling her they really are not gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Jerry: There’s been a big misunderstanding here! We did that whole thing for your benefit. We knew you were eavesdropping. That’s why my friend said all that. It was on purpose! We’re not gay! Not that there’s anything wrong with that…
George: No, of course not…
Jerry: I mean that’s fine if that’s who you are…
Jerry: I mean I have many gay friends…
George: My FATHER is gay…
There you have it. If you like this story or know a Seinfeld fan, reTweet or repost it on Facebook. Be sure to leave your comments. Also, be sure to leave your favorite “Seinfeld” moment.
Source: “Seinfeld Scripts.”