I have always enjoyed wearing makeup, ever since I was a teenager who would sneak and wear makeup at 13 even though my mother said I had to be 15. I first discovered Avon as a teen as well, when my mother would order several items from the “Avon Lady” down the street every few weeks. The samples that we were given were awesome…the lipstick came in colors that couldn’t be found in stores. I soon fell in love with Avon’s products and began spending my allowance on numerous products, especially various lipsticks and mascaras. The reason why I love Avon are as follows:
1. LuxuriousLipsticks – Not only does Avon offer a wide variety of lipsticks in various colors that fit all complexions and skin tones, but their lipsticks are reasonably priced and feel nice on my lips. There’s nothing that irks me more than lipstick that makes my lips feel dry and sticky.
2. ElegantEye shadow – In the past, it was necessary for me to stop wearing eye shadow because I could never find a brand within my budget that didn’t wear off after a couple hours. Once I discovered Avon’s eye shadows, which were both economical as well as high quality, I once again started to wear eye shadow. Finally I was able to enjoy wearing one of my favorite makeup products again, thanks to Avon.
3. Magnificent Mascara – I must admit that I’m very picky about the type of mascara I use. I despise brands that cause clumping or other annoying application issues, but Avon’s mascara causes no annoying problems. If I can’t buy my favorites from the store, I’ve always got my Avon mascara as trusty backups.
4. Perfect Pressed Powders – Never have I been able to so easily find perfectly pressed powders. At stores, it takes me quite a while to find the perfect pressed powder, and then oftentimes they’re not as perfect as I originally thought. Avon’s pressed powders come in the right colors and the product itself is very high quality and doesn’t dry out my skin like many store-bought pressed powders can.
5. Endless Choices – Even for non-makeup products such as deodorant, earrings, perfume, etc, Avon is also wonderful. Their deodorant smells awesome and doesn’t bother my sensitive skin, their perfume not only smells pleasant but is inexpensive, and their jewelry is attractive yet gentle enough for me to wear on my skin that easily breaks out when wearing other jewelry. I even like their Skin-So-Soft body spray and use it as a wonderful-smelling insect repellent.
I’m not saying that Avon products are superior to Mary Kay’s, but I must say that I personally prefer Avon. It’s not that I’ve never tried Mary Kay products, because I have, but I’ve never been too impressed with them. Either the lipstick didn’t come in quite the right color that I was expecting, or the perfume didn’t quite smell as nice as Avon’s. Whatever the reason, I love Avon’s products better and will continue to buy them as long as they’re available. I doubt I’ll buy anything from Mary Kay again, but that doesn’t mean that their products aren’t just are good as Avon’s. It simply means that I prefer Avon. So after my analysis, I would have to conclude that both products are high quality, but I fell in love with Avon at a young age and so far I haven’t found another company that can quite compete.