This inspiring article deals with how to exercise singing on your own without the help of a teacher and without attending any singing lessons assuming you have enough passion to pursue this. The tips presented here, taken from -How To Learn To Sing- books can help you if you have a little singing experience. Some of the tips are advice from well known singers so, don’t hesitate to follow them. Enjoy!
Here are the precious singing tips:
* When exercising, choose songs you already know very well and you love to hear. This will boost your self confidence and increase the joy.
* Always remember that your vocal cords are actually muscles and they can be hurt, so be careful. For example, avoid smoking. The idea is to develop an attitude of protecting your vocal cords in a physical but also in a spiritual manner.
* Use a device to record your voice and then check to see if you are singing closely and loudly enough into the mic and on key. This is helpful especially when trying to unleash your own original singing style.
* You can try to sing through your nose but don’t overdo it because it might sound weird. Use only a few nasal tones. This of course depends on the genre of the song you are singing. For example Country songs require a lot of nasal sound.
* Try to use your emotion as much as possible. Don’t just sing a song in a flat manner. Try to “feel” the words. It will help you if you try to put yourself in the position of the song writer.
* Practice daily and (why not) loudly when you feel it. This is essential and it will give you experience points every time you do it. You can also practice silently by synchronizing your lips with cool songs.
* If you experience hyperventilation from excessively inhaling too much oxygen try to breathe in and out into a paper bag for a minute or two or hold your breath for a while to receive enough carbon dioxide and relax.
* You can try to “cover the voice” by opening your throat and limiting the nasal tones. If you practice this you may achieve the ultimate goal of creating your very own singing style!
* Before starting to sing, perform the ordinary breathing exercises that will put you in the singing flow. While breathing, visualize that you have a quality voice that everyone likes to hear! Feel happy about it.
So, these are the tips. Pure advice from experts. You can use them risk free and if you like pass them to others.
Attention: IF you want to become a professional singer then it is highly recommended hiring a teacher or attending singing lessons!
Did you know you can learn how to sing using your entire vocal range in just 3 months from now? Would you like to discover if you have the vocal range of a professional singer? In this -Learning To Sing- package you will find a multitude of recorded vocal exercises and original songs to help you practice with no limit. This is a professional tool which includes, among other stuff, 29 audio lessons and a mini recording studio software so you can record and listen to yourself. There are literally hundreds of success stories from people who have enjoyed this package and discovered their true vocal range. This is ultimately recommended.