What are your big plans for Saturday night? Are you married? Will you being going out for dinner? Will you be going out dancing? Will you be possibly going to see the latest movie that you have longing to see? Will you instead be looking at the man you love and wondering: “It’s Saturday night, why are we sitting at home, again?
Let’s list the reasons we may be sitting at home:
• We are tired.
• It’s hard to get a babysitter.
• The price of gas has gone up and we are trying to save money.
• I really don’t want to dress up because it feels so good just lying here in my comfy sweats.
• I have dishes to wash, laundry to do and the list goes on, and on, etc.
• I may be fighting a cold.
• Hubby has a new video game he has been dying to try.
• I have shows on the DVR you want to watch.
• I really don’t want to do your hair or makeup.
• The kids have been cranky all day and you don’t want to put the babysitter through that.
• We really don’t know where to go if we did go somewhere
• We are in a rut
Okay, the reasons aren’t all that valid except the part about saving money. Yet, we know there are things we can do that aren’t that costly. We could go to an inexpensive meal. We could go for a drive. We could go to the park and have a picnic. We could look for a local event to attend. We could do something. Yet, here we sit on the sofa, again on a Saturday night.
Now my question is this. It’s Saturday night, are you also sitting at home with your partner? Are you making excuses like us?