Make a one-of-a-kind romance movie-themed gift basket for the one you love this holiday season. There are special surprises that you can incorporate into your gift baskets that will truly make it one-of-a-kind. Tips on how to make this gift basket for a man or woman.
Holiday Romance Movie-Themed Gift Basket
Heart shaped basket
Pictures of the two of you
2 or 3 romantic movies
Small photo album
Festive, romantic holiday ribbon
Romantic Gifts to Make for the Holiday Basket
1. Write a love letter to the recipient of the basket. Express in the letter why they mean so much to you. Place this letter in an envelope covered with heart stickers. If there is a special cologne or perfume that they like, dab a little on the envelope.
2. Make a CD of their favorite love songs, or songs that have special meaning to the both of you. This could include songs when you first met, and if you’re married, the songs played at your wedding.
3. Make a small photo album of pictures of special times you shared together. Under each picture write a caption of what the memory meant to you.
4. Bake heart shaped cookies and write their name on the cookie with a tube of frosting. Individually wrap each cookie, then place them throughout the gift basket.
Romantic Gifts to Buy for the Holiday Basket
1. Purchase two to three romantic movies like “Bridges of Madison County” or “Titanic.” If you are making the romance gift basket for a guy, choose his favorite movies for the gift basket.
2. Buy some special chocolates and popcorn for the holiday romance movie-themed gift basket.
3. Buy candles that are ornate and specially decorated for the holidays.
Tips if Making This Gift Basket for a Man
1. Spray paint the heart basket black, and use solid ribbon for the wrapping.
2. If he likes sports, place a few sports-themed items in his basket.
3. Place a few beers in the gift basket, or a bottle of his favorite wine.
Assembling the Holiday Romance Movie-Themed Gift Basket
1. Place the excelsior inside the gift basket. Place the movies in the back of the basket, then place the candles in front of the movies. Place other gift items throughout the gift basket. Make sure there are no bare areas, and the basket looks full. If there are items that won’t stay in place, put a little tape across the gift to help hold it in place.
2. Roll out the cellophane. Place the gift basket centered on the piece of cellophane. Gather all ends of the cellophane to the top of the basket. Secure ends with a rubber band. Trim ends so that they are even, then spread the cellophane ends out for a nice presentation.
3. Tape the sides of the basket closed with tape.
4. Tie decorative ribbon around the section of cellophane that was gathered at the top of the basket. Tie the ribbon into a bow, then trim ends.
5. Tie and curl several pieces of curling ribbon around the gathered cellophane and bow.
6. To add a personal touch to the basket, hang a picture of the two of you on the front of the romance movie-themed holiday gift basket.