Of course people all over the world celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with green clothing, green jewelry, green makeup, green drinks, green food, green decorations, and making nearly anything else possible green, but why not make St. Patrick’s green in the earth-friendly way, as well? Here are 6 awesome ways you can have an eco-friendly St. Patrick’s Day:
1. Send Recycled Cards to Your Loved Ones. When choosing St. Patrick’s Day cards to send out to all your Irish holiday loving relatives and friends this year, be sure to choose ones that are made entirely from recycled paper. Even better yet, it would be great if you also chose cards that were made from eco-friendly inks and that have green packaging, as well.
2. Eat Vegetarian. Many traditional Irish dishes, such as Shepherd’s Pie, Irish Colcannon, and Irish Stew can be made vegetarian – or even vegan – quite easily, as there are a number of recipes available online with easy to find ingredients and quick and simple instructions.
3. Wear Organic Green Clothing. When choosing your green and Irish clothing this St. Patrick’s Day, be sure to choose ones that are as great for the earth as they are festive. You can find many green and Irish themed clothing available online from environmentally friendly retailers that choose to use organic cotton and bamboo, as well as safe, natural inks, and sustainable business practices in producing the festive clothes.
4. Drink Organic or Local Beer. Instead of going to your go to beer this St. Patrick’s Day at the local pub, ask your bartender what beers have been brewed at local breweries or if they have any organic beers on tap. This is one of the easiest ways to have an eco-friendly St. Patrick’s Day.
5. Wear Locally Made, Sustainable Jewelry. When choosing your Irish themed or green jewelry for the holiday this year, try to choose pieces from a local artisan that makes their jewelry by hand using sustainable materials as opposed to plastics and other non-earth friendly materials.
6. Use Earth Friendly Decorations. Choosing green decorations that are made from green sources is a much better choice for the earth than choosing decorations made out of non-sustainable products, such as plastic. You can find a number of artisans online that make handmade decorations out of natural, eco-friendly materials.
Use these 6 tips for making your St. Patrick’s Day not just green in color, but green in regard to earth, as well. You can read more of my articles on holidays and green living here.