I’m always looking for new ways to do my makeup, and I found some great looks for all of us to try. Let’s get to it!
1. Get your brows right! The first thing I like to do is fix my eye brows. If you need in depth tips on how to do the perfect brow, you can click this link: 6 Simple Steps to Perfectly Arched Eyebrows . Make sure you have them perfectly arched and filled in with a pencil or a brow powder.
2. Prime your lids. Please don’t skip this step. You will find that your eye makeup has a very different effect if you prime it first. I personally like to prime my lids with a very thin coat of clear lip gloss or petroleum jelly because it doesn’t interfere with the color of the eye shadows. Some primers have a little beige color to it, but for the most part, they don’t interfere with the color either, so you can use whichever one you like the most. Just spread the primer over your whole eye area all the way up to the brow.
3. Take an eye shadow brush (with bristles) or sponge tip applicator and apply yellow eye shadow at the inner corners of your top and bottom lids. Slightly blend it 1/3 of the way across your lids.
4. Next, take a pink (or purple) eye shadow and apply it across the eyelid, leaving the inner corners yellow. The pink eye shadow should cover the rest of your lid. Make sure you keep the color significantly below the brow. Leave that area for your highlighter, which should be a silver or shimmery white color.
5. Take your turquoise eye shadow, and apply it on your bottom lid using an eyeliner brush. Start from the point where the yellow color ended, then blend then it all the way to the outer corners of your eyes. If you look closely at the picture, there is an extra bluish color added to the outer corners of the bottom lid, and on top of the pink eye shadow. The blue color gives the pink eye shadow a slightly purple look. You can add the blue detail if you feel it’s necessary.
6. With a black liner, draw a line starting from the inner corner of your top lid, and bring it to the outer corner. Keep the line thin and as close to the lash line as possible. Then start from the inner corner on the bottom lid, and apply the eyeliner on your waterline only.
7. The final step is to apply your mascara. You have an option of using false lashes, but I’m just going to give you tips on how to make your real lashes look longer. Check out this article, 6 Ways to Get Long, Lush Lashes: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6101310/6_professional_tips_for_long_lush_lashes.html
Enjoy your new look!
Other articles you may be interested in:
Beauty or Brains: Which Gets a Woman Further? Pt. 2: I’m Going to Have to Vote for Beauty This Time!
Color Made Simple! Using the Color Wheel to Master Your Makeup, Pt. 1: FINDING YOUR UNDERTONES
Color Made Simple! Using the Color Wheel to Master Your Makeup, Pt. 2: PICKING OUT FOUNDATION
Color Made Simple! Using the Color Wheel to Master Your Makeup, Pt. 3: HIGHLIGHTING and CONTOURING