These funny weed movies revolve around stoners who end up in sticky situations. The plots often involve stoners getting high on weed, wanting to find something to eat, and getting caught up in ridiculous situations. The movies may not have award winning plots, but they are extremely entertaining to watch. If looking to watch a movie you won’t have to think about to enjoy, then check out one of these funny weed movies.
- “Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle” This funny weed movie depicts one wild and crazy night two friends have together. After smoking weed, Harold and Kumar get a craving for food from the fast food restaurant White Castle. They go on a trek for the fast food, but it turns out to be much more complicated than it should be. While on their never ending venture for White Castle burgers, both boys make major life decisions. This funny weed movie has a great and memorable cameo by Neil Patrick Harris, who plays himself.
- “Pineapple Express” This 2008 funny weed movie revolves around a special strand of marijuana called, pineapple express. Dale, a stoner witnesses a murder, and when he is trying to leave the crime scene, drops his pineapple express joint. A corrupt cop, and drug kingpin track down Dale by identifying the pineapple express strand as only being sold by one weed dealer. The entire movie revolves around Dale, and his weed dealer trying to stay alive. The funny weed movie stars the comedic actors, Seth Rogan , James Franco, and Danny McBride.
- “Up in Smoke” This iconic funny weed movie stars Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong. Released in 1978, this was the film debut for the comedy team. The plot revolves around two stoners who are in search of weed. While on the hunt, they get arrested and deported to Mexico. The remaining plot of this funny weed movie is about the two stoners trying to find their way back home.
- “Super Troopers” This 2002 funny weed movie takes place near the Canadian border. State troopers Mac, Thorny, Foster, and Rabbit do not take their job seriously, and goof off one too many times. Once their jobs are in jeopardy, they try to straighten out. By accident, they encounter a lot of weed which could be attached to a possible drug ring. The goofiness, and slap-stick-funny humor makes this weed movie fun to watch.
- “Half Baked” The movie starts off with Kenny getting high on weed, and deciding to go on a food run. After purchasing snacks, he feeds a horse, which results in the horse dying. Turns out, the horse is diabetic and belongs to a cop which causes Kenny to get put in jail with a million dollar bail. The rest of this funny weed movie revolves around his stoned friends trying to raise the bail money. The 1998 funny weed movie has cameo appearances from Snoop Dogg, Jon Stewart, Willie Nelson, Tommy Chong, and many more.