Instead of doing other peoples workout routines, you need to find what works best for you. As a personal trainer I try to take the things that my clients enjoy doing, and then mix them all together into one workout. This means that they are going from one activity to another, and not only does this keep them from getting bored, but it also helps their body burn more fat and calories. A great way to mix things up and create your own workout routine is to pick 4 things that you want to do, and do them for about 7-10 minutes each. This will give you about 30-40 of cardiovascular exercise. Here are the different things that you can do at the gym, or in your own home.
• Jump Rope. Jumping rope is great cardiovascular exercise and will burn fat while toning multiple different muscle groups in the body. This is a great way to exercise, and you can do inside your home, outside on the grass, or in the gym. If fits any environment and it all you need is a rope.
• Running. Getting on a treadmill for 10 minutes and hitting a good pace is a great way to burn some calories. Just make sure that you have it going fast enough that you are sweating and breathing hard. If you aren’t it is going to be a large waste of your time.
• Elliptical Trainer. Hop of the treadmill and hit the elliptical trainer. Since you are switching the different muscles that you are using, and performing a completely different motion it’s going to make your body work differently.
• The Bicycle. Jumping on a real one to go around the block, or sitting one at the gym, either way you are going to be getting the different results that you want. Switch up speeds and paces, and choose different courses if you are on a stationary one at the gym.
• Jumping Jacks. Sounds silly but adding jumping jacks to your routine is a great way to stay in motion and also tone your arms. They can also be done everywhere so they can go into any plan that you create on your own.
• Sprints. By sprinting and walking back, and then sprinting and jogging back, and mixing it up you are going to be doing interval training. This is one of the best and easiest ways for people to lose weight quickly and efficiently.
• Do Leg Lunges. Doing lunges for a long distance and then jogging back, and repeating is a great lower leg and body workout. Putting that into the middle of your workout routine will really help you build the strength in your legs, and tone your thighs and butt.
• Fitness DVD’s. If you want to add any fitness DVD’s into your workout routine go ahead. Although this may be harder to do at the gym, it’s easy to do at home. There are also many different choices available, and you can even mix up your time by switching different videos.
If you want to ride your bike for 10 minutes, and then jog for another 10, and then do lunges for the last 10, it is all up to you. Creating your own workout is going to prevent you from getting bored, allow you to work many different muscles in one day and lose weight fast. Create your own workout routine and start mixing it up every day.