If you are like many other shoppers, you will be Christmas shopping while on a budget this year. Sticking to a budget will help you to avoid any huge financial problems after the holidays are over and done with. Just because you are shopping on a budget does not mean you cannot find great toys for any children you are buying gifts for. Here are a few suggestions for buying Christmas toys on a budget.
One type of toys to consider would be classic board and card games. Classic board and card games are inexpensive, carried at most stores, and still loved by many today! Classic board games can include Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Trouble, Connect Four, Hi Ho Cherry-Oh, Life, Chess, Checkers, and Operation. Classic card games include Uno, Old Made, Crazy Eights, and Go Fish. Another classic to include would be the popular Twister game!
Puzzles are another type of toy to consider when shopping on a budget. There are many to choose from, and they come in many shapes and sizes. You can choose from puzzles that are made of cardboard, plastic, or wood. The shapes can include square, round, flat, or three dimensional. The illustrations can range from beautiful scenes to popular characters. You can find puzzles with large pieces and pegs for smaller children, or puzzles with smaller and many pieces for older children!
When shopping for Christmas toys on a budget, you can also include train sets. Train sets come in many styles, sizes, and materials. This can range from wooden trains to the popular Thomas The Train characters. Since there is a wide selection of train sets in stores, you are sure to find a set that will fit your budget.
You can also check out the wooden toys for children. There are many wooden toys that are fun, inexpensive, and encourage children to use their imagination. One good brand to check out is Melissa & Doug. They have many adorable wooden toys that children will love, from a shape-sorting clock to a pretend sandwich set!
Children love to dress up, and you can find apparel and accessories for dressing up at stores such as The Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, Target, and other stores that carry toys. You can also buy them props for playing dress up. For example, if you buy them a chef’s hat, you can buy them pretend food to go with it.
There are other toys that can fit into any budget, such as playhouses, puppets, stuffed animals, toy cars, and books. Toys such as these will help to spark your child’s imagination without breaking your wallet!
Christmas toys on a budget can also include arts and crafts. Crafts are actually a big hit among children of all ages. You can find different craft sets and kits in many stores. This can include foam signs that children can decorate, fuzzy posters and sun catchers they can colors, and friendship bracelet kits. You can also buy them supplies and let them come up with their own ideas. Supplies include beads, scrapbooking paper, stickers, construction paper, and ink stamps. Children will love to be creative and express themselves, and they will enjoy the arts and crafts sets or supplies you choose for them.
In addition to the above suggestions, here are a few tips for buying Christmas toys on a budget.
1. Check stores such as The Dollar Tree or the dollar bin at Target. You can find many toys that children love for only a few bucks!
2. Many retailers will offer sales and special promotions. Keep an eye out for them and try to make atleast one or two of them. You never know what toys you will find on sale.
3. Check out popular auction sites such as eBay. You can find many toys, both used and new, for great prices! In fact, you may even find a toy on eBay that has sold out in regular stores. Be sure to check out the wholesale section of this site to find presents to give all year around!
4. Look around for outlet stores. You can find a lot of great gifts for reasonable prices at outlet stores.
5. Do not be afraid to check out flea markets. You never know what toys you will find at a great price!
6. Use your search engine online to search for “discount toys”, “wholesale toys”, and “closeout toys”. There are some companies online that do not require minimum orders on products. Be sure you are ordering from a safe and well known site.
7. If you are going to get a head start on next year’s shopping, be sure to check out the after Christmas sales that many retailers will offer.
If you keep these suggestions and tips in mind, then shopping for Christmas toys on a budget will be easy to do! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!