Many parents walk their children against eating disorders. This comes at a young age for many and it may involve a power to neophobia. Many fear that their children will starve, but it is also a period where almost all of them pass through.
To which children are involved?
Almost all children to between 2 and 4 years have a difficult period in which they are eating. Do not hesitate because it is not always down to bad parenting. However, you can customize what is the education that the child will eventually eat. It is often a matter of power. The children at this age the awareness of one’s own will and therefore often try to sleep, eat and potty trained.
Many children are affected. The child is in his early years many different foods offered, but it may be that your child want to reject new foods. This is called voedselneofobie. The child will have to get used to all tastes and often goes like a child only if he has eaten a few times. This period is 8 years after his passing ensuring your child the best possible food to put knowledge to make he / she is 8 years. It is after that age being very difficult to effect a change in diet. Some tips which neophobia better go to:
* For boyfriends / girlfriends to eat when they eat something else like a different child often called tests.
* There is a game of it, so much as I take a bite, you take a bite.
* A sticker sheet to which the child a reward when a row is full.
* To show that something is good, but no way to force the child.
* Ask the child if she / he want to help with meal preparation, often they want among all the cooking tests.
Difference between power and neophobia?
The difference can be recognized by a child that something is at first instance and now suddenly stopped. Or that the child or by another food but not eat at home while it is prepared the same way. It is important that difference under the microscope to take before you act.
The power game
If the child makes a game it is wise to be consistent. Many parents get when they see that gives the kids refuse to eat or a hard time doing this they give the child too many choices like:
* Choose what they want to eat
* Anywhere in applesauce
* Choose whether they want at the table
If you give the child choices though it has a power game than just the child gets what they want, which is even more choice. It is important that you prepare and clear rules are as follows:
* Report how much time you want to eat so the child can not abruptly with a fun game need to stop
* At a fixed time food
* Do not use desserts as a reward, if you indicate that eating is indeed not good but then they get a dessert
* Give a specific time to eat
When you finish eating, then we go to the child that he / she also just finished. More than just wondering, there is never a child died of hunger, they will naturally start eating again.
It is important you at all times no problem going to see mega. Do not talk about that they must eat at the table, just ignore it if they do not want to eat well and just off the board. Do not force them, even negative attention is attention to children and so it will only get worse. Food should not be associated with something negative but it should be a feast. Also, do not brag too much, once a mountain on a board which is already a child thinks “I never get on” then he / she does not want to start. Be happy with every bite mice that get taken, so you do at least something to eat anyway.