Ask anyone familiar with Grand Rapids and they will tell you the city knows how to throw a party. Give the city a reason that includes “Kiss me, I’m Irish” pins, green beer, and the possibility of being pinched if not wearing green, and you have one heck of a party. 2011 is no exception. There are several events so every member of the family can celebrate this fabled holiday.
Puttin’ on the Green
• The Fifth Street Hall is puttin’ on the green with its Saint Patrick’s Day celebration featuring the live Irish music of Craic Wisely and Matt & Bruce (formerly of the “Kwils”), Irish step dancing, and Irish food.
• Saturday, February 26, 2011; 3:00pm – 12:30am
• 701 Fifth St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504
• (616) 464-3290
Annual Ancient Order of the Hibernians Saint Patrick’s Day Parade
• Grand Rapids annual Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is back for more family fun. The parade will begin on Lyon, between Ottawa and Monroe, and end in front of Grand Rapids Community College. A parade map is available on the website.
• March 12, 2011 beginning at 11:00 am
St. Pat’s at The Legion
• American Legion Post #459 is getting its green on by opening its doors to the public with no cover charge, corned beef, drink specials, karaoke at 5:00 pm, and “The Lefty Malone Band” beginning at 8:30 pm.
• Saturday, March 17, 2011; 12:00 PM – 2:00 AM
• American Legion Northeastern Post #459, 658 Michigan Street NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
St. Patty’s Day with GRBarCrawl
• Once again, GRBarCrawl is hitting up all the great Saint Patrick’s Day hot spots in Grand Rapids! You won’t need the luck of the Irish to have a great time on this bus!
• Saturday, March 17, 2011; 7:00 PM – 1:00 AM
• Reservations ($40/seat) at (616)802-2950
Funk Leaf Clover Party!
• The 36th St Lounge is funking up its Saint Patrick’s Day by opening its doors to “Funktion,” a band that blends funk, soul, and a hip-hop beat. Joining them is “Indobox,” a band fusing psychedelic rock with drum and dirty dance beats. With no cover charge, this is one party where you’ll want to be decked out in your finest green party wear.
• Saturday, March 17, 2011 beginning at 8:00 PM
• 36th St. Lounge, 945 36th St SW, Wyoming, MI 49509