Walt Disney in Orlando, FL has 4 theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. Carefully plan your vacation by reading the following 7 tips.
1. First determine the length of stay in the Orlando area, and then decide on when to visit. Here’s a tip, if at all possible, do not visit during the summer. We know the kids are out of school during this time, but the weather in Orlando is Hot, Humid and Rainy. Remember that the summer is also one of the busiest times to visit any of the theme parks in Orlando.
2. Once you’ve determined the length of stay, decide on where to stay. Staying on property has many advantages. Being able to enter the park earlier and stay longer is amazing and allows you to fully enjoy the park, look for the Extra Magic Hours when planning your day. Also, keep in mind the transportation is at ease, when taking the bus shuttle or monorail from your Disney hotel to the park.
3. Tickets can be costly, so definitely, check out the Magic Your Way tickets, located at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets-passes/. This site offers multiple options on buying tickets for the theme parks. They offer itineraries and tips on helping you pick your park. Also, review the park guides to determine your day, which parade to view, firework display to see, etc.
4. Disney offers to every guest the ease of coming back to ride the attraction during peak hours. This is called the Fastpass. It is Free, easy to use and saves Time from standing in line. You get to visit other areas of the park, while waiting for your time frame of when you may ride and enjoy that attraction.
5. Some theme parks frown upon packing your own snacks, but not at Walt Disney World. They do want you to be comfortable, but also want you to take home a bit of Disney too. So when the kids and adults want an ice cream, go splurge on that or have yourself a nice dinner at The Crystal Palace restaurant located in the Magic Kingdom. Don’t forget to buy your little princess or prince a unique Disney souvenir. Remember Disney does not offer refills on any food or beverage, however, there are water fountains located outside all restrooms and strategically in the parks.
6. Stay cool with wearing cool clothes, comfortable breathable shoes and battery operated fans. You want to enjoy your magical day in the parks, not dislike them. So pack an extra tank top, shorts and plenty of water bottles to stay cool in the hot temperature that Florida has to offer during your magical Disney vacation.
7. Lastly, if you’re traveling with young children, most likely you’ll benefit having the option to rent a stroller in the parks. This also goes for the adult that has a rough time walking throughout the park. Disney rents motorized scooters for those that want to thoroughly enjoy their magical Disney vacation. When renting a stroller or scooter, remember to bring something to distinguish it from the others. Options are a fun color t’shirt for the chair of the scooter and for the stroller, a scarf or something that can be tied to the handle of the stroller. Don’t forget this key element at all the Disney theme parks, “Rider Swap” program. This allows a parent to ride the attraction while the other parent stays with the child that is too young to enjoy the ride. This allows the parents to enjoy their magical Disney experience.
These tips are great whether you are planning your first trip, have already been to the parks, or are a Florida resident wanting to visit the park. Remember to always have fun during any vacation to the Walt Disney World theme parks in Florida and Disneyland in California. Definitely, remember that no matter your age, you’re always Mickey Mouse’s friend and you’ll be treated as a Princess or Prince.