The change of the seasons from winter to spring is the perfect time to refresh your skin from inside out. The long and dark days of winter may have left your skin looking dull and dehydrated, but there are several ways to freshen up your skin and bring out that radiant glow. The good news is, you don’t have to spend a lot of money at the spa to achieve brighter and rejuvenate skin. A few key products from the beauty aisle can help to revive dull skin and get you in great shape for the spring days ahead.
Here are six inexpensive ways to brighten and rejuvenate your skin for spring, on any budget:
1. Give yourself a lemon juice facial. Lemon juice is a natural skin brightener and can also be very effective for combating shine and for eliminating blackheads. Just soak a cotton ball with fresh lemon juice and rub it directly onto yours kin after a brief scrubbing or exfoliation session.
2. Buff away dead skin with an oatmeal scrub. Just mix some oatmeal with warm water until it turns into a paste, then rub directly on to your face and neck area with your fingertips. Let it dry for about fifteen to twenty minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. Moisturize skin immediately after your “facial” and you’ll notice your skin looks firmer, brighter and rejuvenated shortly after you treatment.
3. Exfoliate skin with a honey mask. Honey mixed with large brown sugar crystals can be very effective for cleansing the pores, exfoliating the skin and for making your skin softer. Mix equal amounts of honey and brown sugar and massage your face with the mixture. Leave it on for about fifteen to twenty minutes before rinsing with warm water. Giving yourself this facial just once per week can help to brighten and rejuvenate skin just in time for spring season.
4. Soften dry skin with a milk bath. Adding some powdered milk to a hot bath in the evening can be a simple way to soften, brighten and rejuvenate your skin for the spring season. Lactic acid in milk can be especially effective for getting rid of dead skin cells. Use it in your bath once or twice per week for a head-to-toe refresher.
5. Enhance your cheekbones with shimmer powder. Give your skin a sun-kissed look – without spending a pretty penny – by dusting shimmer powder on the apples of your cheeks. You can also apply a light shimmering powder to the top of your cheekbones to create a contoured appearance.
6. Get more sleep! This is your free ticket to brightening and rejuvenating your skin during the spring months. Lack of sleep can make your skin appear dull and tired, so make sure you catch enough zzz’s each night and wake up with a rosy glow, naturally.