It’s freezing February in many parts of the country. As we freeze, we are planning our summer vacation; and asking: Where is the best place to vacation? Over the last few months, I have been working hard at finding the best places for families to vacation. In this article, I share my top five picks for the best places to vacation.
5. Kalahari Resorts make the list at number five (5). This resort has three locations in America (Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, Fredericksburg, Virginia and Sandusky, Ohio). There is special dining for couples like the Couple’s Romantic Wine Dinner. There, of course, is family dining at places such as: Great Karoo. The Great Karoo will be sure to feed everyone’s craving with items ranging from its own Great Karoo burger, steak, ribs, salads, wraps, and even chicken tenders. There is a spa for adults to relax. While the adults are relaxing, kids can enjoy themselves at the Candy Hut. After everybody finishes their “me time,” the family can come together to enjoy one of the world’s best waterpark.
A trip to bring the entire family together for fun deserves a spot on the list. That is why Kalahari Resort is the 5th best place to visit for summer vacation!
To plan your visit to Kalahari please visit: www.kalahariresorts.com
4. The Grand Canyon is the 4th best place to visit for summer vacation. This more than just “a bunch of rocks” national park boasts a beautiful view of the river; an education experience; and great family fun. Guests can take varied river trips (with a permit) or enjoy one of the hiking trails. Once the day of adventure is done relax at one of the many hotels near the Grand Canyon or at one of the eight (8) lodges on the Grand Canyon. In the lodges, per grandcanyonlodges.com, guests 16 and under “stay free in the same room with a paying adult.” The history and scenery of the Grand Canyon makes it number four (4) on the list for best places in America to vacation!
To plan your trip to the Grand Canyon please visit: www.nps.gov/GRCA
3. Hawaii makes the list at number three for the best places to vacation. As winter is here, in America, Hawaii is boasting comfortable temperatures in the 70s. As summer approaches, the temperatures will get even warmer. From water adventures to horseback riding there is sure to be something for everybody. Hawaii is also the best place to learn to surf. In regards to dining, as the kids are feasting on local favorites, adults can enjoy a cocktail. Watching the sunset from one of Hawaii’s many resorts will sure to bring a memorable experience.
A vacation that makes life-long memories makes Hawaii the third best place to vacation!
To plan your trip to Hawaii please visit: www.gohawaii.com
2. Over the years the Gulf Coast has been rocked by everything from Hurricanes to oil spills. However, the gulf and its people have always recovered. It is that perseverance, resilience, and love that makes me honored to name the Gulf Coast the 2nd best place in America to vacation!
From shrimp festivals to sprawling beaches the gulf coast brings fun and leisure for everybody. Let your “need for speed” come out at the Track with locations in Destin, Florida and near Gulf Shores, Alabama. Guests will be treated as family as they dine at Lambert’s Cafe “The Home of the Throwed Rolls” in Foley, Alabama. Guests can enjoy parasailing, jet skiing, scuba diving, and dolphin adventures across the gulf coast. Guests can also enjoy live music and food, at the same place, at many places across the Gulf. Of course, there is shopping for the ladies. From Florida to Texas the Gulf brings many attractions. It will be hard to choose just one place to visit; so make the gulf a yearly vacation destination.
The Gulf Coast leisured its way to number two on the list for best places to vacation!
1. Disney World makes the list at number one for the best place to vacation. Relax and dine at one of Disney’s many resorts. For the water lover in the family, Disney has two waterparks in Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. For the “Hollywood” lover, Disney offers Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney’s Hollywood Studios offers a behind-the-scenes look at some of Hollywood’s best shows. Guests can even get in on the action with new attractions such as: The American Idol Experience. At Disney’s Epcot, guests can take a ride on the Test Track; honor the Late, Great Michael Jackson by watching Captain EO; and eat at one of the many dining facilities. At Disney’s Magic Kingdom, guests can enjoy the magic, innovation and entertainment of Disney. The princess in the family will enjoy Cinderella’s Castles. The family can cool off on the Jungle Cruise and Liberty Square Riverboat. The Animal lover in the family will enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Disney’s Animal Kingdom has the world’s most exotic animals. The something for everybody atmosphere of Disney World propels it to number one on the list for best places to vacation!
To plan your trip to Disney World please visit: www.Disneyworld.disney.go.com
For great deals on hotel and travel visit: www.hotwire.com