Wedding planning is fun and exciting but it can be very stressful as well. It’s a big responsibility trying to make sure everything goes according to plan and there are so many details to take care of, where do you begin? When the excitement of being engaged begins to slow down and you start to feel a little overwhelmed, take a deep breath, relax and read over the 10 wedding planning steps to a successful ceremony listed below:
1. Decide how much you want to spend on the wedding. Will it be small and informal or large and extravagant? This is the first decision that needs to be made because it will set the tone for the wedding and determine all other plans. When choosing the date and time for the wedding, consider the fact that having your ceremony during the week is less expensive than on a Saturday and evening weddings are usually a little more expensive than morning weddings.
2. Set the date, choose a location, make reservations and send out invitations. It’s always a good idea to double check the date to make sure there are no other events taking place on the day you choose that could prevent some of your guests from attending your ceremony. This is also a great time to plan out the reception.
3. Choose a theme, decorations, music and wedding favors. All of these will be determined by the budget you set. For example, if you have a limited budget, you may have someone playing CD’s during the reception whereas you may have a live band if your funds are unlimited.
4. Choose who will participate in the wedding. This is when you need to decide who will be the bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, ring bearer and so forth. You’ll need to make plans with all of these people and make sure they can participate before making all of the arrangements.
5. One of the most important steps is picking out the wedding dress and now is a good time to get started. Remember to take your time and try on different styles until you find the dress that suits you perfectly. This is part of the wedding planning that should be fun and exciting, not stressful.
6. Now it’s time to pick out the bridesmaid dresses along with everyone else’s attire that will be in the wedding. If you’re having an informal wedding this step won’t be as important as it is when you’re having a formal one.
7. Choose a caterer and determine what food and beverages you want to serve. This is also a great time to choose your flowers and other décor.
8. Determine who will be taking the photographs and make arrangements to ensure this goes smoothly. This way, you’ll always have pictures or videos to help you reminisce about one of the happiest days in your life.
9. Set up the rehearsals to make sure everyone knows what they are suppose to do and when.
10. Get a good night sleep before the wedding and try to relax. You’ve planned everything out carefully and took care of all the details so everything should go smoothly.
Your wedding is one of the most important days in your life which is why many couples find the wedding planning to be so stressful and difficult. You don’t want to forget anything important that could end in disaster. These 10 wedding planning steps can help to ensure your ceremony goes according to plan so you can relax a little and enjoy being engaged.