We all love to save time and money, and there are plenty of applications for your Android phone that help you do just that! Here are some of the best free must-have apps that will help you live a more productive life.
1. Google Calendar for Android. This is, far and away, the best planner I have ever used. You can use the calendar to mark all of your important dates, appointments, and notes to have this information right at your fingertips whenever you need it. This is a fully customizable and essential app that will not just save you time, but help you keep track of your time as well.
2. ColorNote by Notes. If you used to be the kind of person who’d keep a notepad on hand before you started using a cell phone, this is the perfect app for you. It’s an easy, colorful way to keep notes on just about everything. This app is useful for list making, journaling, or just jotting down quick ideas or important things that you need to remember. It even has a search function, a backup option, and a password-protection function to keep your stuff organized and easy to find while protecting your privacy.
3. FunnyJokes App. If you’ve ever been at a loss for something witty or interesting to say, consider downloading FunnyJokes to help give your conversations a little boost. This is also a fun app to try if you get stuck waiting in places without something fun to read; it’s a great way to pass the time and keep yourself entertained. Send them to friends, or just enjoy them for yourself. You can also can rate and make comments on the jokes you like (or dislike), and even submit your own jokes for other people to rate.
4. MyDays. This app is infinitely useful for female Android phone users! It tracks and predicts your menstrual and ovulation cycle. MyDays provides an easy-to-understand format of your most ladylike times of the month, is very customizable, and gives you the opportunity to chat with other users. Read my review on MyDays here for more information.
5. Pandora. If you love using the Pandora, you won’t be able to get enough of the Pandora for Android. Pandora is the result of the Music Genome project; it analyzes artists and songs to look for commonalities so that you can discover music that is similar to what you already enjoy, giving you a fully customized music listening experience. This app is easy to use, and great to help you learn about new and cool music that you’re sure to love.
6. Lorsoft Task List. The ultimate in Android To-Do lists. It’s mind-blowingly simple, yet one of the most effective and fun to use apps of its type that is available. Users can add several lists if they have tasks in various categories. Tasks can also be assigned due dates, so that the “task overview” function can tell you exactly what needs to be done soonest, across all the created lists. You can even set up reminder alarms to help you accomplish the things you need to remember most.
7. Bonfire’s Wikimobile Encyclopedia. Winner of a 2007 Wave “Favorite Mobile Application” award! Perfect for people who find themselves with the need to look up information in the blink of an eye or the drop of a hat. The app uses a simple version of Wikipedia to supply information to its users in a speedy and hassle-free manner, without the need to fuss with your browser or wait endlessly for images to load.
8. Mini Guy’s Mini File Manager. If you’ve found that you have downloaded too many apps, it can be tough to manage and uninstall them. This app by Mini Guy is one in a series of great, free products to help make your Android phone apps more easily managed. Mini Guy also has a Mini Uninstaller that’s worth trying as well.
9. Mr. Number Call Block. Do your nerves jangle when that “unknown caller” pesters you with yet another wrong number call? How about when your annoying ex is hassling you with text messages that you’d rather not see? Mr. Number can easily help you with problems just like this. You can block calls or even text messages from any phone number or any area code — send the offending numbers straight to voice mail, or select the “answer and hang up immediately” option to disconnect them before they even know what’s hit them, prevent them from even getting your voice mail. Mr. Number is also a great tool to keep your kids’ cell phones safe from “mystery callers” by blocking every number except the ones you choose. For anyone who has ever received calls and texts from someone that they didn’t want bothering them, Mr. Number is a miracle app that provides peace and quiet, as well as peace of mind.
10. JiWire’s Global WiFi Finder. This app is another infinitely useful tool which can help you track down a WiFi connection whenever and wherever you need one. Over 500,000 locations are listed on this app, so you can be sure to quickly and easily find a great connection wherever you go. This indispensable app will even provide maps for you, an even driving directions, via Google Maps.